Love for the Chi..

Tomorrow, I will be making a long awaited trip to the "Windy City" otherwise known as Chicago, Illinois. Chicago is known for many things in the musical sense. Mainly as the birthing ground for acts such as Curtis Mayfield & the Impressions; Earth, Wind, & Fire; Herbie Hancock; Miles Davis; R. Kelly; G.O.O.D. Music(Kanye & Common); Lupe Fiasco; and most importantly (IMO) House music.  Given my fondness for House music and its many different forms, this trip is in part a pilgrimage. Most importantly though, I'm going to DJ a very special event put on by a very special friend of mine Drunken Monkeee. I will rocking his annual loft party known as "The Honeycomb Hideout"

It's held in the Center of Chicago at The Elastic Arts Foundation, and will feature performances by several up & coming Chicago artists including Ill Legit and Professor Gorilla Dickens (trip-hop/loungy alias of Drunken Monkeee). As a special gift to all I've compiled a little mixtape of my friend, Drunken Monkeee's tracks. As well for the next week, while I'm gone, I'll be hosting my old "Windy City Mix" on my SoundCloud for stream/download

EZRAKH Present... The Drunken Monkeee Show d/l

  Windy City Mix  by  ezrakh

-Ez

3 comments:

s0bbie said...

"and most importantly (IMO) House music" ... blasphemy ... i can't believe a Jersey dude just utters .. scribbled this. Good luck in the Chi ...

Unknown said...

Excelent mix homey. See you when you get back. That tuesday remember your going to be on with us to bring us some Chi-town treats to the show. Good luck.

spanktownsound said...

well s0bbie, they created it.. we just perfected it for sure

top